In our house there is AAF football to be watched this weekend which means there are bite sized appetizers and desserts to be consumed. Plus, I’m hoping that a few of you are getting ready for spring and are looking for some inspiration in the kitchen.
I’m all about the salty/sweet combo (hence the pretzels) and I’m also all about peanut butter (of course). Feel free to remove the peanut butter and add in more butter instead- if you aren’t a fan.
You probably need to test these out this weekend.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (not natural pb)
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of smashed pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt- set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan and melt the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate together.
- Stir in the coffee granules until they are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in both sugars, continue stirring until mixture is no longer grainy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and stir until combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips, stir gently.
- Pour batter, it will be thick, into the cupcake liners until they are 3/4 of the way full, and sprinkle to tops with pretzel crumbs.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Be sure not to over bake- these are pretty “cakey” brownies.
- Let cool for a minute or two before removing and cooling fully on a wire rack
Need an appetizer? Try these Super Easy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches